View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
You realize Watson could force the Texans to trade him to the Colts for a 7th round pick if he wanted to, right?
Watson can't force the Texans to do shit.

He's got the smallest amount of leverage because of his trade clause, but ultimately the decision will lay with Houston whether or not Watson plays football next year, assuming he will not play as a Texan.

Continuing the hypothetical, however. Is Watson's representatives allowed to reach out to other teams while he is under contract or do the Texans have to give him permission to do so?

While I agree with your line of thinking considering a scenario where Watson would demand a trade to Indianapolis, I would be happy with a 1rst. Not three though.

I'm uncomfortable with where Indianapolis is right now. This is a SB caliber team with a more mobile quarterback - Matt Ryan, Stafford, Rogers, ETC. The guy doesn't have to be Jackson, Allen, or Watson. They don't have the playmakers at receiver to win like Brady can.

I'm worried sick by the time they figure out the QB position Leonard is going to be on his way out in FA, Buckner's best days are going to be behind him, and those solid players like Doyle will have moved on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-18-2021)