View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 10:38 PM

Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck View Post
For James...
Of the top 16 players on the NFL’s all-time rushing list, James is the only one not in the Hall of Fame or still playing. Frank Gore and Adrian Peterson still are active.

James, 40, is one of only four players in NFL history with four seasons of 1,500 rushing yards. The others are Hall of Famers Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

Edge was considered the best at his position 2-3 years of his career.. many players in the Hall that got in due to longevity yet never considered best at their position.

He put up big numbers in a pass first offense. Pre injury Edge was the best in the league.

Edge belongs in the HOF!

Excellent summary. The only other item I would add is that Edge was not only deemed the best at his position for 2-3 years, but was named the #2 RB from 2000-2009. Both Edge and LaDainian Tomlinson were named as First Team members of the 2000's All DECADE Team (this team didn't name who was #1 or #2 on the first team, but I think LT is clearly #1). Shaun Alexander and Jamal Lewis were named to the Second Team (#3 and #4).

The All Decade Teams are selected by the Hall of Fame selection committee. Considering they already gave Edge this honor, I think the Hall will come calling at some point.

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/...2000s-offense/

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 02-05-2019 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Added link from Pro Football Hall of Fame