View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 07:39 PM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
It's sad Norm because as a human, definitely you want to like him and root for him- at leas the perception he crafts. But as a football coach, he is atrocious. I am not a huge fan of Dacich but I am 100% in his camp when he says that Frank has no sense for the game, he really doesn't. He is way too mechanical in his process and is among the very most stubborn refuse to adjust coaches I have ever witnessed. Unless you are working with extreme top of the line talent that can just win any game based on their skill, then you MUST be willing to change things up. I was glancing through the game thread as the game was happening and someone said "Frank Reich's motto- try something 1,000 times and if doesn't work, try it again because, why not". That seems to sum it up perfectly. We got hot and rode the amazing legs of Taylor and the line but when push came to shove in the most key of moments, there was Frank fiddling with his play sheet and finding no answers. Sometimes that play sheet needs to be put away and your gut needs to be used. He isn't capable of doing that.
Well said Chopped. Something that helps Reich's reputation out is that despite being a bad coach he is still considerably better than his predecessor. But that's like saying cheap hotdogs are great b/c they taste better than dog shit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (01-10-2022), Thorgrim (01-09-2022)