View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 05:57 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
1. My voice is strained because I yelled so fucking loud at my TV. I have not been this pissed off by a game in some time. Maybe ever.

2. I put the loss mostly on Frank Reich. He had no answers all day. None. His playcalling in gotta-have-it situations was atrocious. You draft Quenton Nelson sixth overall and are terrified to run it with your RB. Gotcha. These bullshit Pascal or Ebron sweeps or that 4th down play designed to go to Hewittt (who was covered anyway) were just terrible playcalls.

3. This game highlighted the huge need this team has at WR. Inman is fine catching gimme passes, but if he can't sit down in a zone, he's not giving you anything. Need someone who can win 50-50 balls.

4. The insistence on using Joe Haeg in this game was baffling. Once or twice would be OK. Reich apparently thinks Haeg is Walter Jones as a blocking option. He is not.

5. The final drive was badly mismanaged, but the Colts still got screwed by that call. People want to make it either/or. No. You can have bad clock management and still get screwed.

6. Sick of watching Marlon Mack leave yards on the field because his vision is absolutely shit. He is the worst runner on this team.

7. ...but it's compounded when the Colts put in Haeg and run to the strong side in tight sets. That's not the Colts' strength. Run out of the freaking shotgun. Jesus.

8. Eric Ebron was the most physical player on offense today, which says everything.

9. This team sorely missed Jack Doyle and Ryan Kelly today. Replacing Doyle with Haeg is dumb and ineffective. Boehm is clearly a backup.

10. Denico Autry had himself a game today, which was good to see.

11. Thought Darius Leonard was totally invisible today.

12. Colts really needed defensive points today, so seeing those instances where they played 15 yard off umbrella coverage on 3rd-and-15 was really frustrating. The ball was there to be turned over, to be honest.

13. I love what I see from Tyquan Lewis. At the very worst, he's going to be a pocket-crusher at DE. Would still like to see more of him at 3-tech. I think he's living up to his hype, though. He's making QBs step up consistently. Fed Autry some of that pressure today.

14. This loss sucks but Jacksonville's defense is really good. This isn't an anomaly. Their QB just blows. I hate Jalen Ramsey as much as the rest of you, but dude is a baller. It's tough when this team is rolling so unexpectedly, to hit such a speed bump like this. But long-term, I still really like a lot of what's in place. This team needs some talent infusion at skill positions (even RB1, folks), but they're not far off.

15. Reich needs to get better with timeout usage. Faked going for it on 4th down to punt in first half, wasted a timeout instead of just taking a 5 yard penalty and punting (dumb). Has had a few of those situations this year.
good post gbb.

only thing i slightly disagree with is that Lewis didn't impress me all that much. yes he got pressure but it was Ereck flowers. how can a good player not consistently beat him like a drum?

i could be too hard on the guy