View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 05:10 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I don't understand what is hard to understand about this. You don't keep a pro athlete body by stretching, doing physical therapy, etc.

Do you think he was doing squats, deadlifts, bench or overhead press, kettlebell swings, any sort of dumbell or barbell work at all while his shoulder recovered? If you take even just weeks off, you lose strength and muscle. Luck has taken MONTHS off. Physically he hasn't had enough time to get back to where he was at his peak. Atrophy is not a scientific theory.

He hasn't (as far as we know) had a ball snapped to him since the end of the season. He hasn't had to move in a pocket. He hasn't taken hits or spun out of a sack. He hasn't thrown at all, much less while being dragged down by a pass rusher.

I am not saying he will be terrible. I'm saying he won't be where he was and that putting him out there when he's still working back up to top-level pocket awareness and movement is a bad idea if Kelly isn't there to anchor this shitty OL.
you don't hold him back because of Kelly not being in there. that is retarded. probably the dumbest thing you have said in a long time.