View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 05:49 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,270 Times in 2,017 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

They did have 3 three-and-outs in addition to that fumble recovery, including the first 2 Raiders possessions of the game.

Would you say that they were lucky and/or that the Raiders' offense was inept in those 3 drives, and that they got them (the 3 three-and-outs) in spite of the defense playing crappy ???

I agree that they looked lost as a unit for a good deal of the game, more so than any other game so far the season.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post

It is easier for a team to come out after a bye week and fool an opponent. Plus, their team is not the same team without Cooper, so film on them was not going to be very reliable. I think I heard Gruden was 8-3 coming off a bye week.

o

Thanks.

The defense at-large has been surprisingly better than expected in the first half of the season (except for the Raiders game.) The offense put them in multiple bad situations with turnovers deep in their own territory in several of their previous games, especially in the game against the Jets.

It remains to be seen if they can keep that up for the entire season, and whether or not the clunker that they put up in the Raiders game was a bump in the road or a pattern.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck