View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
From MMQB

HOU has not gotten better (with the exception of getting rid of their QB) and is waiting with all of its cap dollars held tightly in its fist for the Romo game to get underway.

JAX lost a CB, OT, OG and SS in free agency and gained a CB, OT, OG and SS in free agency. Now, you can argue that Bouye, Church, Watford and Albert that they gained are better than Amukamara, Cyprien, Joeckel and Beachum that they lost but it is still just position for position.

However, you can decide that gaining DT Calais Campbell over losing TE Julius Thomas is a net positive for their defense but they have gotten no better on their not very good offense.

TEN? Defensive gains versus offensive losses. They need to score more points in order to win games. Free agency is not helping them do that.

Overall, I am not sure that we have "lost" ground over our divisional rivals in free agency so far.

Cheers,
The Colts gained ground if anything. The Jaguars are the offseason champions, but let me know the next time that means anything, Dan Snyder is still waiting for the payoff, here. The Titans lost a lot of their offense and gained a little defense, so they'll likely be worse overall since they struggled to score in the first place. The Texans lost pieces and are desperately waiting for a chance to pay an old, overrated, injury prone QB. The Colts, meanwhile, got rid of a bad contract, kept one of their own good players from hitting the market on a reasonable deal, added much needed pieces to their biggest position of weakness, and still have $30 million to potentially spend ($35 million if Art Jones is cut). Could see a good ILB and NT added with that money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
sherck (03-13-2017)