View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 11:09 AM

Thanked 4,284 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
The wasted votes are on the same tired candidates. I would love to see term limits officially, but, we do have term limits already, in the voting booth. We have the option to remove them for fucking up, or rewarding them for fucking up. Americans suffer from the boiling frog effect and nothing will change to incumbents who seek reelection. Its just the nature of political tribalism!

We have to get away from the Republican/Democrat conundrum. Trump and Biden has damaged both parties that will take a while to recover from.

I am not sure why the democrats are pursuing Trump so hard. They should just let him run, he is beatable again. If they get a conviction against him that prevents another shot at potus, they will get Ron Desantis. He has no skeletons in his closet and the democrats have nobody who can beat him. So in essence they are setting themselves up for 8-16 years of republican leadership in the white house. I say 16 years cause if he picks a strong running mate it will be lights out for the democrats. They can stomp their feet and whine and say no all they want, but the best they could do last election was an 80 year old man with dementia. They gonna run Bernie? Kamala lol. Elizabeth Warren? They got nothing that doesn't have baggage attached to it.
losing the next election can and probably will happen. the democrats have no good candidate to run.

that said. going after trump has to happen. if there are no consequences for trying to overthrow an election, they will do it. and thanks to the corrupt supreme court probably going to rule that state legislatures can deny the will of the people, the final steps will be put in place.

and you guys will get what you want. you will get to own the libs by ripping up the constitution and having a dictatorship