Thread: Matt Ryan
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 12:01 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,272 Times in 2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post

It may be rare, but what would make it even more rare would be if said QB were washed-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post

Bingo !!! If the Colts are foolish enough to bring Ryan back next season, thinking that he just needed a little time to adjust, they will be a laughing stock !!!

o

I agree that it would be foolish to bring Matt Ryan back next year, but I don't think that he is necessarily washed-up. I think that he is about where Philip Rivers was at when he QB'd the Colts for one season in 2020 ...... a once great quarterback whom is slightly passed his prime.

But right now, the Colts don't need that kind of QB in 2023 and beyond, they need a more long-term solution. I think that if Ryan had had the blocking that Rivers had in 2020 and that Carson Wentz had in 2021, the Colts would be about 9-3 or 10-2 right now ...... but being that the Colts' offensive line took a plunge from one of the best in the NFL to one of the worst in the NFL this season, it's time to let Ryan go after the completion of the 2022 season and work on getting that offensive line back up to where it was prior to this season.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Hoopsdoc (12-01-2022), Racehorse (11-30-2022)