Thread: Gerald McCoy
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
It wasn't, but since you replied, the "flexibility" in their schemes is a direct result of their cheating. Knowing the opponent's playcall can make your scheme look very flexible. Regarding roster building, I don't see how anyone could not look at what Ballard is doing as a very good balance between winning now and winning in the future. If he wasn't trying to win now, Justin Houston would not be a Colt. If he wasn't trying to win in the future by sustaining a talented roster, he'd have gone on a spending spree the day free agency opened.
Sitting on $55m in cap space as an expected solid playoff team is not a good balance to me. This thread in particular is about McCoy who it doesn’t appear the Colts were even really in the running for. And if I remember correctly you have been big on Suh. Would Suh (also not in the running for) or McCoy not have helped this D? Both of those guys signed one year contracts so let’s not pretend the only options available to Ballard is what he has done or completely mortgaging the future on ridiculous contracts like those given to Flowers and Collins. If you are happy with Ballard’s balance then great. But it’s certainly not crazy to believe he’s putting to much into the future at the expense of today.

Last edited by rm1369; 06-13-2019 at 10:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Chromeburn (06-13-2019)