View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 02:28 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,654 Times in 2,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
This is exactly how I hope the Colts are thinking. Acquiring Stafford would give the Colts a Top 10-12 QB at Teddy Bridgewater money (current deal is 2/$43 if traded to Indy). I already laid out the deal that I think gets it done: Stafford for the Colts 2021 1st round pick and a 2022 2nd round pick with an escalator clause that turns it into a 2022 1st round pick if Stafford is First Team All-Pro or the Colts reach the Super Bowl in 2021. Maybe on the latter clause I could be negotiated down to AFCCG, but that would make the intent very clear: this is a team playing for and ready to compete for a championship. You then go sign Trent Williams as a stopgap at LT and I think we're looking at a Colts team that can compete with Kansas City, and a much worse Colts team beat them just last year. I agree, now is the time to pull the trigger. Hopefully Ballard does.

You do realize Stafford's deal is about as team friendly as it gets for an elite QB, right? He'd have a cap hit of $14 million in 2021 were he traded here. The Colts could actually shop for free agent upgrades if they traded for Stafford. Trent Williams and Yannick Ngakoue would look good in Colts blue alongside Stafford.
We need a vet WR in there too probably. Along with hopefully another good drafted WR.