View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 05:53 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana V2 View Post

People keep saying they have no problem with the 4th down try, because we're not a playoff team. Why not?

As I said in the game thread, we blew a big lead to the Bengals. We beat Washington in DC. We had a good chance to win in Philly. We could have, and should have if it weren't for the 2 fumbles, won this game today. We aren't far off from possibly being undefeated, or at worst 3-1.

And we're freaking young, and missing key players due to injury, in theory, we should better as the season goes on. So why can't we be a playoff team?

o

Yeah, I'd much rather be 1-2-1 than 1-3 this early in the season. If the Colts were 3-6 after 9 games, it would be pretty apparent that they are not a playoff team.......not at 1-2 after only 3 games, with both losses having gone right down to the wire.

The defense has had 4 either really good or pretty good games so far.

On the other side of the ball, this was by far Andrew Luck's best game of this still very young season.

With the defense playing as surprisingly well as they have been, and with Luck coming into his own in spite of the offensive line's troubles, I see no reason why Reich and the Colts should have necessarily written off the season after only 3 games, and give a game away instead of accepting a tie on such a risky decision.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck

Last edited by Colts And Orioles; 09-30-2018 at 06:00 PM.