View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 09:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
You should know about Hyperbole as your full of it more often than not, or at least full of something that could be confused as hyperbole. Heck we all are ...

As for your Super Bowl question, when they talk about an offensive line it is often due to glaring holes, the good lines are seldom mentioned. Take last years Eagles seldom heard anything about them, because they did what they are supposed to do. Other teams like the Cowboys and Steelers have invested in their line. If we build a comparable line to protect Luck we are much better off than Luck standing on sidelines in a sling watching Chubb get a few sacks. Chubb isn't a Mathis or Freeney nor will he be in my opinion ....

However, the Colts will probably take Chubb as that is what all the talking heads think we should do.

I Personally hope we trade back with the Bills and take OT Mike McGlinchy at 12 and OG Will Hernandez at 21 ...
Chubb is not Freeney or Mathis nor does he have to be. J.J. Watt isn't a speed rusher, but he sure as hell is effective as a pass rusher when healthy. Many gifted pass rushers got after the QB despite lacking elite speed, and at 4.65, I'd say Chubb has it for a DE. This defense needs a leader and a franchise player, and this team needs to invest in its defense in a way that it hasn't in a long time. I understand your concern about the OL, but the team has two former first round picks there that are quality players (one needs to be healthy more often) and the positions that need filled are ones you see championship teams fill with late round picks, UDFAs, and free agents in general. And since you're harping on this "Luck in a sling" thing, what does it matter if he's healthy of the other team is dropping 40 every week? By the way, that will get him injured pretty quickly, as well, obvious passing downs are the worst for QBs' health.