View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
Sure, that's one way of looking at it.

Another is that he gets a lot of fourth quarter action in Colts' blow-out wins and he shows potential.

Or he shows a lot in pre-season, sort of like the way that Garroppolo must have in New England.

Look, Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter never got meaningful minutes. It doesn't mean that teams weren't beating the door down with tempting offers trying to pry them away from Polian.

Oh wait...yes it does.

Just hoping he can show a lot in camp and pre-season. Teams are always QB desperate, and if a team, say, near Boston, were to have all of their options behind center go down with sudden UTIs, then maybe we could reap a reward here. All I'm saying.
Garroppolo actually showed a lot (enough) when Brady was suspended for cheating and that's why he was traded, if we're being honest (well, that's why his value was what it was. He was traded because Brady forced him out).

If there's one thing we don't want it's for Luck to get hurt again, but him getting suspended is just such a Bizarro World to imagine that I'm not even sure how I could even entertain it.

That said, I don't think it's completely implausible that if a guy could set the world on fire in preseason that if a QB desperate team (their starter just went down for the season) could make an offer. It wouldn't be a stupid offer, but hey, if you can turn a guy that you gave a flyer offer to into a 4th-5th round pick then you do it.