View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 03:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
The funny thing is that sub-concussive hits have also shown to be incredibly damaging to the human brain. Offensive and defensive linemen suffer those on every single play.

Like Clint said, as long as the players and NFL agree that the game is unsafe, then the issue is gone from the pro ranks. That would be the end of youth and high school tackle football, though.
I think it is in real danger of disappearing the way it is now. This is why Goddell is pushing it. The feeding system is how it succeeds, football is an expensive sport to run compared to like soccer where all you need is a ball. Personally I never saw the helmet as protection but more a weapon. I wonder what the game would be like if you took it out.

I played DE, but yeah in the middle of the lines those guys are rocking each other every single play. Helmet to helmet hits every play. Every once in awhile I will read some guy talk about how rough soccer is and in American football you wear pads (usually trolls or guys from another country). But those pads once protect from superficial scraps, you get speared by a 250pd guy running full speed in your back or say your thigh and you see how little protection it really offers. Plus pads have shrunk quite a bit over the last 20 years.