View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 04:58 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
There is also the future players to consider. Less parents are letting their children play football because of the head injury concerns and long term health. Football works because it is a grass roots system, it also why it doesn't take off outside of America. But if you player base starts to diminish, then so does your long term development.

They are ironing out the rule, it doesn't work now because they are still trying to get it down. But I think they will.

I don't understand how some of these guys made it to the pros with such bad tackling form. You put your head down or lead with your head you will get a concussion or end up crippled. I never thought tackling with your shoulder would be so hard. I think a lot of the offenders are secondary guys who are more known for their speed than ability to tackle.
The funny thing is that sub-concussive hits have also shown to be incredibly damaging to the human brain. Offensive and defensive linemen suffer those on every single play.

Like Clint said, as long as the players and NFL agree that the game is unsafe, then the issue is gone from the pro ranks. That would be the end of youth and high school tackle football, though.