View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 01:09 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I'm taking all these rumors with many, many grains of salt. Nobody seems to know what's going on with Wentz - remember a few days ago when he was on the cusp of being traded to the Bears for two 1s? I think much of thus stuff is coming from Philly in an effort to drum up interest or to fool one of the teams into overpaying. Jaworski is a former Eagles QB, after all.

Two 2nds is too much for Wentz. Remember, if the Eagles don't plan on starting him, he is a giant albatross on their future cap, so they need to unload him pronto. I continue to believe his fair value under the circumstances is a single late-round pick. Maybe a mid-round pick if the Colts really like him. The problem is the Eagles may have painted themselves into a corner and can't accept such a trade because it will make them lose face, and this has only been more difficult by what the Lions were able to extract from the Rams for Stafford.
Most are speculating that two 1sts nonsense was Howie Roseman trying to drive up the price.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (02-12-2021)