Thread: Quick thoughts
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,644 Times in 953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I'm talking more in game. being conservative and not showing anything
I feel like a few of the looks they've used and plays they've run have been too put them on film so they can use the same setup in a later game to catch a team off guard and get a big play. That said, going back and watching the game again, I was shocked at how little the Colts used playaction against the Bears, especially watching how quick their defense was to come up and fill vs. the run (the Bears would typically have 9-10 guys in the box by the time the handoff was completed on a run play). In fact, I can't remember a play in that game where the Colts used playaction, thinking about it now. I wonder if this was to set up some future opponent, or just a missed opportunity on Reich's part. Playaction against a team biting that hard on the run is usually devastating. Also, as a random side note, I think on one of the 3 plays where the Colts had first and goal from the 3, they should've tried a screen or a shovel pass, especially considering how that sequence went. I think either option would've been more effective.