View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 04:01 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,643 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Only a n elite QB or an elite pass rusher is worth 2 first round picks. Utterly stupid move on the Seahags part!
Schneider doesn't have a good first round track record, and Adams is probably better than what would've been available at those picks. I like this trade for both sides, but I like it better for Seattle for leveraging their strengths and weaknesses to try to maximize their competitive window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Wow, nice haul for the Jets, have to assume those will be late firsts still seems solid considering keeping him long term seemed unlikely for them.
Given their position, this is just about the best outcome I can imagine for the Jets. Unless Darnold drastically improves, this will lead to higher draft position for the Jets with their own pick (which gives them the potential to access players of Adams's caliber) and give them 2 of the top roughly 25 players from each of the next two draft classes. Putting together a lot of high end cost controlled talent is a good formula for success in a cap driven system.