View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
yeah, but what are the options?

1. Move up big to get one of the top QBs (one of which has major injury concerns)
2. Draft a QB within a couple draft slots of 13, which will more than likely be in the 'developmental' category.
3. Free agent, of which there are not great choices and certainly none that seem like a long term solution.
4. Go full tank and see what you get next draft.
5. just roll with current QBs and see what happens next year

1 is probably not happening, we would have to give up too many picks and we need lots of help in other areas.
3 doesnt seem like a good choice. maybe bridgewater for two years? might as well keep brissett.
4 probably doesnt happen as the rest of the team is good enough not to get us a top pick

so that leaves...
2. draft a QB, brissett starts next year. you have a year to develop and determine what you got. new QB either makes it or doesnt and you start again in a couple years.

or

5. status quo.
If the goal is Super Bowls and not just being a decent / to good team then the only viable options to me are 1, 4/5. Either you take the first option and you go get Tua (or Herbert) if you believe in him or you push the decision to next year. That doesn’t necessarily mean you have to tank, but I don’t think you try to half ass it. If I couldn’t get it solved this year with someone I truly believe in then I’d look to move at least 1 possibly 2 of this years top 3 picks into next year so that I have ammunition when the time comes. Both of those 2nd round picks are worth a 1st next year. And #34 in particular is typically highly sought after. I’d rather do that than waste a top 45 pick on someone at QB I don’t fully believe in.

I suppose it’s always possible that they truly value someone like Love, Eason, or Fromm over a Tua or Herbert. If that’s the case and they think they can stay at 13 or 34 and get them then great. But they need to be right and really believe he’s better than the other consensus top guys. If he’s the 4th guy on their board and they still think he can be a franchise guy then I’d say their evaluation process is suspect and likely being influenced by need.

Last edited by rm1369; 01-10-2020 at 04:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
rcubed (01-10-2020)