View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Same line as Gore.... Gore gets hit and gains yards. Mack doesn't. I agree he is a big play threat. And what GBB has said about the way defenses play him vs Gore is different. If that in fact is the case then you have to keep playing Gore more snaps because it works. Wow possible good coaching there.

Yes he has a good yards per carry average but it is elevated due to his big plays.

Look at his stats. Most of his yards are from one play per game so that one play exaggerates his yes/carry....the rest of the time he is a below average RB

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamel...05/marlon-mack

Other than the SF game he has not been good at all

Look at the stats and take the one big run out of the Rams Tenn Jac and Houston games and he is averaging less than 2.5 yards per carry.

I don't know. I just don't see the hype yet

I'd take Gore every day over Mack

Gore never has a big run.

You sound like Polian when he used to talk about the COlts piss poor run D on his show. "Well if you just ignore this play and that play (the biggest ones of the game), we did pretty good!!"

The point is Mack can be that back that IS a big play threat and can make those game changing plays if they put him in position to do so

Gore is not. Gore is not going to break a run for 50 yards in a game changing or momentum changing play.

Good coaches are supposed to know how to utilize such talent and maximize it. These coaches obviously don't. Their idea is to give Mack the same plays as Gore and hope he can make a big play with his speed. If that is what they continue to do with him, I agree, its a waste. He is not the between the tackles back to fight for 3-4 yards