View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I could see one scenario in which he still goes in the first. You need to remember that First Round contracts have the fifth year team option so a team may want to draft him in the First Round to gain that extra year of contract control. One such team could be the Raiders. They currently have first round picks 4, 24, and 27. They could even trade down a few spots from 27 and pick up more draft capital. It looks like they may be playing next year in Oakland again....and they have shown that they don't care what type of product they put on the field for the near term - although they will want to field a talented team for their debut in Vegas.

I personally wouldn't use Pick 34. The Colts window is now and they need lots of help on defense right now. He probably won't play his rookie season. He will probably play his second season - but maybe not at 100%. FatDT's write-up indicated that he relies mostly on an explosive first step - that may be gone after the injury. It is worth monitoring to see how far down he slides and may be worth it later on, but hope the Colts look elsewhere at Pick 34.
A talent like Simmons I would invest in. He could be a ten year player once he hits the field. Colts window just opened, you stay open by drafting the best talent you can.