View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 11:57 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

My thought is that I think defensive lines may be headed, to a degree, in the same way basketball is-almost positionless. Great players like Watt line up everywhere. Smith played against a lot of speed guys and I think generally held his own. It will be interesting exactly how much improvement in technique will add. I am hoping for an offensive lineman with one of the first three picks. We had a dominant line last year. I want it to continue and to build upon it. I'm not as concerned as most about wide receivers. With a quarterback like Luck and a dominant offensive line all we need is a little above average receivers and a full year to work together. I want one more big time playmaker of offense and don't really care where he plays. I have confidence that given Luck and this line Reich and his staff can work some magic given time that they did not have last year. With the player's attitude that Ballard prizes being something I'm counting on, there should be some huge advancement for many of our second and third year (looking at Hooker coming all the way back) players.