View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 11:20 PM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts
Default Quick Thoughts - Week 13

-It feels like this is how it's going to look regardless of how long this ride lasts. If we lose, it's going to look ugly. If we win, it will look slightly less ugly.

-Mainly because we lack high-end talent at the most important position. So wins are going to have to be scrappy, gritty, gutsy.

-That said, we have solid talent around him. With three huge pieces still coming back. We also have a coach that seems to have smarts, energy, and balls. On paper, if we don't trip on our own dicks, we should have 5 very winnable games remaining to punch our tickets where we get a chance to upset some teams we're not supposed to beat. Should be fun.

-Minshew's limitations are known. We live with the inconsistencies and bonehead plays (2pt INT, wtf?)... But the fucker has led us to 8 wins (fuck you CLE) as a backup. Finally let it rip downfield a few times (twice to Pierce, once to Granson on that cool play) and he iced the game with two killer plays in OT. Well done.

-We didn't block the edges worth a shit several times today. Freeland and Ogletree were slow a couple of times.

-Run game wasn't good, but was effective in some key moments for down-and-distance. Part was TEN daring Minshew, part was our OL/TE's getting beat. Moss also looked a little banged up. Needs a rewatch.

-Pittman will get knocked for his average, but a wide receiver is paid to catch the ball. And week-in and week-out this dude catches the fucking ball and moves the chains. Pay him.

-Pierce benefitted from Minshew opening up. When Minshew threw the first TD, I felt like I'd never seen a ball thrown that far I was so surprised. Those plays, and really the consistent threat of those plays, is Pierce's value going forward, especially with AR. Well done.

-Where was Downs?

-Defense was getting killed on the edge run plays. Started to bottle it up midway but started getting gashed again late unless Bradley dialed a blitz. Need Grover back.

-6 sacks, 5 tfl, 9 qb hits and I don't know how many total pressures, all good. Dayo had some great PR reps even though he didn't get a sack. Kwity got 2 and as Butter said in the gameday thread... Ebukam was a homerun signing.

-So much outside action kind of neutralized Franklin by his standards (only 6 tackles) but he did exit Henry from the game because he's a fucking missile. Speed had several TFLs and physical tackles.

-Nick Cross was eating into Rodney Thomas' snaps. Curious what they see there going forward because Cross has the super high ceiling.

-Special Teams won the game.

-Those blocked punts were ridiculous. Apparently it goes down as one block and one fumble, which is a shame because those were two outstanding plays by the ST. Cross and Brown in particular. And since Stuard went to my HS alma mater, that was really cool to see.

-Not only did we get 10 points out of it, but we also broke the punter who was also the holder... and after our clusterfuck 2-pt backfire, that ended up being HUGE when they missed the go-ahead PAT that kept us alive.

-Isaiah McKenzie had a nice day returning.

-Rigo averaged nearly 52yds on five punts.

-Gay (another great signing) was 4/4 and another 13pts. on the season.

-Killer ST day.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (12-04-2023), ChoppedWood (12-03-2023), CletusPyle (12-04-2023), Colts And Orioles (12-04-2023), Dewey 5 (12-05-2023), Hoopsdoc (12-03-2023), Indystu2 (12-09-2023), Ironshaft (12-04-2023), omahacolt (12-04-2023), Racehorse (12-04-2023), rm1369 (12-04-2023), Spike (12-04-2023), YDFL Commish (12-04-2023)