View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I'm going to get flamed big time for this but I think keeping Pagano is the right thing to do. Couple of reasons. First is the injury to Luck. Putting in a new offense without you qb to run thru it would be daunting. Second was the improved offensive line play the last half of the year. Third he never 'lost' the locker room. Most important, I don't know how many of you have ever worked for a total asshole. I have and am. I am a professional (38 years an obstetrician, recently went from private practice to working for a hospital) but it takes all I have to give good care working with the jerk who runs this hospital. What I do requires a team effort to work and when the top of the team is an ass it makes it impossible to do your best work. Get rid of the cancer at the top and everything works better. I am hoping that this is what happens to my Colts. What other choice is there anyway but to hope that Pagano shines in this new environment. But I must admit its hope, not belief.
Your reason number one may very well be the only reason Irsay and Ballard kept Pagano. Knowing Luck was hurt and his availability in doubt, not right time...