View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 11:10 AM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Why would Sheard be a problem in the run game on the left side? He had a good year all-around, not just rushing the passer. I think his game fits the strong side.

And yeah, Anderson should do well at UT. I know lots of Colts fans have written him off because he's "injury prone" now but that's dumb. The fact that he's not a short squat Aaron Donald or Gino Atkins type doesn't mean he can't penetrate. He's proven he can. The only time I could see Anderson moving to end would be in heavy/goal line packages when they want to get both Hankins and Woods in there together. I would expect Anderson and Hankins to start in the middle, Sheard start at one of the ends, and a drafted or signed player to take the other end spot.

There are a number of edge rushers I'd look at in FA:

Demarcus Lawrence - He'd start but he'll probably be kept by Dallas.
Ezekiel Ansah - Starter if healthy, but probably a rotational piece going forward.
Dion Jordan - I wanted no part of him as a rookie. But he got 4 sacks in 5 games late in the season for the Seahawks. I read his story and I'd be happy if Ballard gave him a shot. He probably wants to stay on the west coast though.
Dee Ford - Probably a rotational player on the right side only, Ballard likely had a big part in scouting him.
Trent Murphy - More of a rotational strong side player, but we have the cap and his injury might drive his price down.
Alex Okafor - Rotational pass rush
Dwight Freeney - if he can still rotate in why not bring him back for one last season?

Realistically though, we should probably just draft Chubb at #3 if we want a long-term starter at RDE. Lawrence isn't leaving Dallas, Ansah might not be durable enough to start, and the rest of the guys haven't proven they're worthy of a high-end starter contract.

Last edited by FatDT; 02-14-2018 at 11:20 AM.