Thread: Out of Luck
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 10:27 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Then connect the dots. What could he possibly want that makes him this unhappy? What is the end game
Well like I said, I read into it that Rick may have some insight that Luck is making a play that Pagano be removed before he will commit to coming back. I think we can all agree Luck does not come off as the guy that would say "hey Jim, it's either me or Chuck, but it aint both". Buuuuuuuuut, I think most of us would also agree that every man has his breaking point, and maybe Luck has hit his? Maybe there is a tug of war behind the scenes and Andrew really has taken the approach that his future is in jeopardy if this guy is allowed to play a role in it- and though that sounds a bit dramatic, if you were in his shoes knowing you're rapidly seeing your window shrink and this guy is still at the helm and seeing what he has NOT DONE for you to this point...maybe just maybe that's what we're actually NOT seeing- Luck applying leverage against Jim to make an in-season switch, which is not Irsayesque... and thus Andrew's position in the leverage is to leak and remain silent.

Venturi also sort of started down a path that the Irsay comments about the space between his ears probably didn't make Andrew very happy and it may have potentially clouded this to the point that Luck is very unhappy he would say that and perhaps has stated he wants out. Not saying that's where it is, but clearly Venturi didn't think Irsay's comments were well made if in fact Andrew has been applying leverage and that was Irsay's public counter.