Thread: News on Mewhort
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 06:37 AM

Thanked 1,197 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I think Goode will end up the RT
I would LOVE for this to happen because that means that he has beaten out a pretty solid NFL veteran right OT in Austin Howard to do that.

One of the best results going forward for this team is that Good (or Haeg) seize the right OT slot and make it their own in 2018 as an above average right OT.

This means that the starting O-Line of 'Stanzo / Nelson / Kelly / Smith / Good (or Haeg) is set for 2019 after Ballard would sign Good (or Haeg) to a veteran contract at the end of the season with some of our $16.5m that we should spend by the end of the year.

If that happens, you are then only looking for quality depth to replace the 1 year contracts of Slauson, Mewhort and Howard in 2019. Signing quality depth is a whole lot easier (and cheaper) than signing a veteran starting right OT.

I want Ballard to fix the O-Line LONG TERM and not just for one season. We need to be drafting an O-Lineman in the top 4 rounds of the draft EVERY YEAR in order to protect Luck and fuel the running game. Every year.

Walk Worthy,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Butter (06-26-2018)