View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
It had this vibe all along.

Unfortunately it appears we are fans of a team that is ultimately concerned with making $ without creating a winning product that sells.

Chris Carter has said only 8 teams are really trying to win. The other 24 are just there to make money.
I don't believe this at all. Irsay hasn't been a cheapskate during his tenure as owner, and I think he's probably gone a little over the top trying to extinguish everyone's memory of his father's reign of terror. Not saying the guy's perfect - far from it - but I generally get the impression that his heart's in the right place in most instances. Kind of a benevolent hippy with the Jack Kerouac/drug things and all.

If anything, I'd say that he's run this LESS like a business than most, and things like his personal attachment/feelings towards coaches and players have sometimes gotten in the way of what's best for the organization and, by extension I suppose, the profitability of his business.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (11-09-2017), Puck (11-14-2017), Racehorse (11-09-2017), Voosh (11-10-2017), YDFL Commish (11-10-2017)