View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 02:37 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Subjectively picking subjective statistics to like is certainly fair. But that's where I say their biases creep in. I feel like especially with PFF, once they've decided a player fits a certain profile, they make their statistics fit the profile rather than being as objective as possible and letting the numbers tell the story.

I also like accuracy in QBs, but as you point out, Lance does this well already in several situations, and you can't have a 42 TD 0 INT season at any level without having some pretty solid ball placement skills. Russell Wilson is also the model I would look to in Trey Lance, specifically getting him to stop abandoning the pass so quickly and easily. That's my biggest problem with him, due to the injury risk.
You say it’s subjective. I think it’s well explained and makes sense as a more in depth evaluation. Is he a super accurate QB? No. That is not what he is known for. Even the regular way of estimating accuracy, he is below his peers. Do you have an example of their bias in action?

Also he had 28 tds throwing, 14 rushing. It’s not like NDSU is playing top competition. Their closest game was against South Dakota State. The one game they had this year against Central Arkansas he threw an int. I’m not saying there isn’t stuff to like about him. There are good tools to work with and he does have promise. I just don’t know if he is a top five QB like some are making him out to be. And I’m not sure about his accuracy which I think is the most important trait for a QB.