View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 04:06 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Interesting discussion yesterday on one of the local shows about us possibly just staying home with Brian Schottenheimer given his work now with both Luck and Brissett and the fact Luck produced his best season even with a bum shoulder with him as his coach. He's clearly an offensive guy, and he's had some successes in that regard, he's also saddled with the baggage of horrible offenses with the Jets and Rams....offenses that to me had way too much similarity to his dad's Marty Ball philosophy which to me is akin to Pags approach.

Another name discussed and I think intriguing = Frank Reich. The Eagles offense is dynamic much like KC and he has really allowed a young QB to become a dynamic leader on and off the field and become the figure of the franchise which I think is something you have to do from an identity standpoint if you have the right guy. The ties back to here are intriguing but it was mentioned that he might not be inclined to get back in bed with Irsay after the way the last engagement ended.

I am all for someone that comes here with the attitude that we are going to be innovative and focus on playmakers as discussed, period. Lots of KC guys that can fit that mold. I'll take anyone that decides to scheme against the other team instead of taking the "we do what we do" approach every fucking week and refusing to try to exploit weaknesses on the other side- which really we've had in place for 20 years now- okay, yeah it worked when you had the best QB mind in the history of the game behind center and a line that could actually allow him to do that, it doesn't now because the fucking QB doesn't even have time to plant his fucking feet let alone try to pinpoint weaknessed on the field, fucking round hole square peg you stupid fucks!

Unfortunately on the radio there's also been quite a bit of talk of Gruden, Harbaugh, and fucking Saban! I think if Saban were to come back to the NFL it would be even worse than his first stint because I don't think he can adjust his "I am king" mindset and I could see some dude finally just hauling off an punching his arrogant ass. I kind of worry about a similar type mindset with Harbaugh- I love his approach but I can see it wearing thin in the NFL real quick- these are grown ass men that carry with them some hellaciously selfish traits...
Guys like Reich are why I would pass on Schottenheimer, actually. But that's just me.