Thread: The build
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I won’t play the who should he have signed game. It’s a game that’s impossible to win and you know it. The team had the third pick in the draft last year and are currently 2-5. The idea there weren’t players available that could help this team is ridiculous.

I guess I’m just someone that believes it’s hard to build a winning culture through losing. And I believe experience counts. Especially when you also have a very inexperienced coaching staff.
I disagree, and I’m not trying to trap you into some sort of logic game. I simply think its incomplete to simply complain without offering a solution - empty complaints are just expressions of frustration, easy to make but not very convincing from an analysis standpoint.

To answer your comment, there are ALWAYS players who are available that could have helped almost any team, but the trick is finding them. You’re more likely to make a mistake, and free agency mistakes can be extremely costly (yet another reason to focus on developing your own players). Ballard’s track record on his free agency signings has been pretty good – not a lot of splashy free agents signed, but a high percentage of them have been significant contributors.

As far as "experience" if concerned, what kind of experience are you referring to? That's a buzz word that doesn't have a lot of meaning without context. Not all experience is the same, and some of it is quite bad. Are you talking about the kind of "experience" that Le'Veon Bell or Terrell Pryor bring? What about Matt Slauson or Denico Autry experience?