Thread: The build
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Its possible to understand the reasons Ballard gives yet still disagree with them. I understand perfectly what Ballard says are the reasons. I also understand many that agreed with his methods didn’t expect to be sitting at 2-5 yet now act like of course this was the plan all along.
No question you are right - you are perfectly entitled to disagree with the approach, and I think you have defended your position well. I don't really get the last sentence of your post, if it was directed at me. I've never conceded that the "plan all along" was to be 2-5 or anything close to it. My expectation was (and remains) that while we might sacrifice some minor short term potential improvement by not signing a bunch of free agents, the long term benefits are well worth it and the Colts should nevertheless be competitive in all of the games they played. I think this has largely been true.

I am disappointed by the 2-5 current record, but the record doesn't tell the whole story and I haven't given up hope for this year. I assume you’ve seen the same games as me – do you think we’re watching a 2-5 team? (and please don’t quote Parcells on me). I think they’re better than that, and potentially a LOT better than that, but I’m not going to lose any sleep over it because I think we’re on the right track even if our record isn’t that great at the moment.