Thread: The build
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Devil's advocate: aren't a lot of players getting experience this season when they would have been blocked by free agent vets? By last count, Colts had second most snap counts among rookies in the league.
It’s a valid question. My thinking is that guys should get on the field when they earn it. If you are trying to build a winning culture isn’t that a huge part of it? And it’s a huge part of coaching to be able to identify the guys that deserve to be on the field or show them why they aren’t good enough yet.

Either way, rarely can you both give young guys tons of time and win. And that’s where I feel like Chaka and a few others are simply being intellectually dishonest. The goal posts keep getting moved. Ballard sacrificed this season to get all of these young guys time, several clearly before they are ready. And he unnecessarily held other positions open to do it again next year. If you are fine with that, that’s ok. I just disagree. But it would be nice if guys quit denying that’s what happened.