View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I’ve been as critical of the Nelson pick as anyone, but I’d have to say I agree. I certainly don’t believe you can use a different players mistake to knock his selection - especially when on the same play Nelson was doing his job. At the same time using a nice block or two to justify the selection is just as ridiculous and just as common place. At this point everyone should see Nelson’s talent. His selection really will come down to the quality and speed of Ballard’s rebuild. If he builds a winner in a reasonable amount of time then where he acquired each piece will largely be irrelevant. If he struggles to make the team a contender in a reasonable amount of time then Nelson’s selection will stand out to many as a prime example of poor use of resources. Time will tell. For now I’ll let Nelson be the talented rookie he is.
I see - so what you're saying is that there's really no scenario where the Nelson pick will ever be considered good. Rather, the best we can hope for at this point - one game into his NFL career - is that the details of the pick will be lost in the euphoria of a positive rebuild.