View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
I hate to be "that guy," but is anyone else tired of the "is a guard worth the 6th pick" discussion? It's done. There's no getting that pick back. All that's left is to assess his play and the impact on the offense's performance. On Sunday's, where a player was picked (or not picked) in the draft is irrelevant.
I’ve been as critical of the Nelson pick as anyone, but I’d have to say I agree. I certainly don’t believe you can use a different players mistake to knock his selection - especially when on the same play Nelson was doing his job. At the same time using a nice block or two to justify the selection is just as ridiculous and just as common place. At this point everyone should see Nelson’s talent. His selection really will come down to the quality and speed of Ballard’s rebuild. If he builds a winner in a reasonable amount of time then where he acquired each piece will largely be irrelevant. If he struggles to make the team a contender in a reasonable amount of time then Nelson’s selection will stand out to many as a prime example of poor use of resources. Time will tell. For now I’ll let Nelson be the talented rookie he is.