View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 01:19 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Pat Kerwin and Jim Miller said that they didn't see anything special in him.
They must only be watching for athletic ability, then, because many of the reads and throws he made were special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
There is no special in him. He is limited athletically, has a decent arm, not great. At best, IMHO, will be a back up somewhere in the NFL. He really never trailed in any games with Alabama, had a shitload of talented receivers who were always open by a mile. I hear the BS from some of the talking heads such as Todd McShay, Charlie Weis, & Mel Kiper Jr. (fucking idiots in my opinion) saying he might be the next Tom Brady, I call bullshit on that.

Tua was considered a top 3 NFL pick, he isn't worth a shit. Mac Jones is no better than him. Alabama has a lot of great players who do well in the NFL, but not QB's, or fucking Trent Richardson.
Jones has enough athleticism to keep a defense honest. He has no elite physical trait, I'll definitely agree with that. Physically, he's average-above average across the board. It's his mental traits that are off the charts good. He reads and manipulates defenses like a multiple year NFL starter, and the anticipation throws he makes are like those of a multiple year NFL starter as well. If he continues to display those traits in the NFL, he'll be a lot more successful than his school pedigree or athletic profile would suggest. Hopefully WFT drafts him.