View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 07:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,640 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I'm interested in opinions on Jamarco Jones. Intrigues me as an OL prospect who could be there at top of 2nd, and who could possibly be the answer to IND's long-standing RT problem.
Jamarco Jones OT OSU

Strengths: Massive player who clearly has the body of an NFL lineman. Strong, violent road grader who will move people in the run game, knows how to block his man out of the play, and excels at getting to the second level. Shows athleticism in the run game, working effectively in space and showing good pull ability. Intelligent technician who will rarely be fooled by blitzes and effectively switches blocks on stunts and twists. When he squares a block and locks on to his man, he wins. Excellent inline blocker. Bull rushes do not work against him, size and strength neutralize instantly.

Weaknesses: Does not have the footwork for LT despite obvious athleticism. Has trouble against speed rushers and edge rushes. Struggles to force edge rushers to run the arc. Plays too high and would be more effective as a pass blocker with a lower stance to help convert size to power. Pass rush moves and handfighting will beat him as a pass blocker, needs to learn technique to counter this.

Other: May be best suited to OG in NFL. RT only if OT, and will need to improve footwork and pass blocking to stick.

Player Comparison: Nate Solder
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
GoBigBlue88 (02-27-2018)