View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 09:33 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I disagree with the good game against Cincy. Other than a few early series it was a dismal performance IMO. Bottom 5 in the league and about what I expected. However the Washington game was not at all what I expected and gives me a little hope that I may be wrong on the potential improvement this year. Leonard has certainly been impressive and Hunt has been surprising. Tackling seems significantly improved and the obvious focus on stripping the ball has been great to see, and will likely pay dividends all season.

But as I said, right now Washington only provides a little hope. I still expect the D to be at the bottom in most measurements. I don’t yet believe in the pass rush or our ability to cover outside. And Cincy’s ability to run on them gives me concern as well. Hopefully Hooker begins to show up as the season progresses.
Odd, if Dalton hadn't made the tackle on the interception it would be a different game. If aj green hadn't burnt both our safeties we would have likely won the game.

At the end, our defense got the offense the ball at the end of the 4th with a chance to win before the doyle fumble. Considering such a low level of expectations, they were potentially only 1 or 2 mistakes away from getting us a win. I don't think that is bottom 5 against the bengals.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-19-2018), sherck (09-19-2018)