View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 06:20 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I have no problem not paying Collins $14m. There is plenty of room between being the Skins and what Ballard seems to advocate. Can Ballard’s approach win a Super Bowl? Of course - he has an elite QB. Thompson won one as well with the super conservative approach and Rodgers. Do you think Thompson maximized the gift he had in Rodgers? I dont.

I fully get that you can’t solve every problem by throwing money at free agents. But I also know you can’t fill every hole on the roster through the draft. That everyone’s hopes at WR2 last year where pinned on a 6th round rookie was to me a failure. Grant was a place holder, not a solution. And Ballard knew it. You can tell by the contract. And it hurt in the playoffs. With an elite QB in his prime they shouldn’t be mortgaging the future for this year, but they shouldn’t be pushing every roster hole to next year’s draft either. There is middle ground there even if many don’t believe it.
Then you understand Ballard’s “vision.” The poster I referenced didn’t comprehend a strategy that didn’t involve going hog wild in free agency.