View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 04:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Nope, you aren't reading my posts very carefully - I just value smart money/roster management and long term planning. That often seems to go out the window in the early days of a free agency period. Look at what the Raiders are doing.

We will have plenty of players to pay big bucks to in a year or two and, although it might not be exciting or headline-grabbing, we need to lay the foundation for that now.
Its nice if your team embraces long term building. Unfortunately, a lot of these teams turn over the coaches and GM's too much too soon, you are lucky if you get four years now. The Arizona coach got one year. It's win now or be fired for most of the league and it is reflected in everything from draft decisions to FA.

I'm not worried though, Ballard isn't going to do anything crazy. I doubt he breaks the bank for anything but a premier pass rusher.

But just because you have contracts coming up in a couple of years doesn't mean you can't find some guys to help in the short term. This team is in a window right now, if they get blown out again in the playoffs while still sitting on a pile of cash that is doing nothing, people are going to start grumbling. There is being fiscally responsible, then there is being negligent.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
rm1369 (03-11-2019)