Thread: Dez Bryant?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 11:29 AM

My feelings around not wanting Dez on this team are a little different than what's been stated so far.

This is basically a brand new team - very young, all new coaches, and one of the most important things they're trying to do here in this rebuild period is build an effective culture.

By all signs, the group psychology of this organization has been gradually more and more imperiled with the progressive losses of Dungy, Manning, Polian, thought leaders like Tom Moore, and even Jim Irsay handing off significant operational responsibilities to his kids over the years. I'm not saying any of these things were mistakes - change happens - but the following "choppin' wood" years of buddy coach Pagano and little big man Grigson resulted in a lot of "me-first" bullshit in the locker room that it is clear the new regime is working very hard to replace. And so far the signs are good that there's some success there.

Dez Bryant is 29 but he still has talent. But he also brings a ton of emotional baggage and, as far as I've read, an incompatible attitude to a WR room full of young guys who definitely would not benefit from his example. The short term gains on the field are not worth the long-term obstacles his influence might bring.

Just my 2 cents
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to southside asshole For This Useful Post:
Chaka (10-16-2018), Pez (11-09-2018), Racehorse (10-16-2018)