View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 05:47 PM

It was most certainly Reich’s call who to start - out of the available options. The issue is the quality of the available options. The team was rotating Raimann in at LT from the very first game. Teams don’t rotate tackles. That tells me they knew the position was an issue and that Raimann wasn’t ready. And in fact his first start against Denver was a disaster. No matter what the team did early on the OL was going to be a fucking disaster. I’ve pointed out for awhile it is part of the reason the team always has slow starts. The coaching staff is required to juggle between bottom level vets and raw, unready rookies. Look at DE previously- not a single fucking player available to the coaching staff that had double digit sacks for their careers! Surprised pass rush was an issue that year? Now it seems like a no brainer that Raimann should have started day one even though he obviously wasn’t ready. And not surprisingly ever single thing I have seen suggests the team needs an upgrade at RG. Why would that be? Because the options last year sucked that’s why. That’s on Ballard.

Last edited by rm1369; 02-24-2023 at 06:21 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (02-25-2023), IndyNorm (02-27-2023)