View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Is it weird that I actually have more respect for Pagano after that speech? Certainly cuz he's coaching for his life, but in years past, he would have been rah-rah and "we're great / that was an amazing win / we overcame all the odds" about beating a team like the Browns.

This was the first time I've seen him address his team in a primarily critical voice after a win.

I have a different read on this......I don't think he's being authentic. His boss is standing in that room and preaches accountability so he's pretending to hold his players accountable. But actions speak louder than words and time and again his actions show otherwise.....whether it's patting his player on the ass or clapping after a stupid penalty or subborninly having an inferior player start over a new talent that shows more promise (Tolzein, green, etc.....). I'd have more respect if his words and actions lined up.....in either direction....this just feels manipulative. Also, I don't fault the players for the q4 letdown this week (except for the stupid penalties).....I hang the let down on Chuckie and his staff on both sides of the ball for failing to show any creativity or aggressiveness in playing with a lead. This coaching staff simply doesn't know what to do with a lead!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1965southpaw For This Useful Post:
FatDT (09-25-2017), Pez (09-25-2017), Spike (09-25-2017), YDFL Commish (09-25-2017)