View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 07:33 AM

Thanked 1,195 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycolts2 View Post
Not sure a high draft pick should be used on o-line this year, not with what we saw over the last handful of games from the young players they were starting. Great o-lines don't just happen overnight, a little continuity from one year to the next helps. Either I'm blind or the o-line did actually have some significant improvement over the last quarter of the season.
From my RB "State of the Colts" post:
Quote:
Over the last three games of the season (O-Lineup = Stanzo / Harrison / Kelly / Haeg / Clark), Gore was 55 carries for 235 yards or 4.27 yards per carry. In the previous 13 games, he was 208 carries for 790 yards or 3.79 yards per carry.
And from the QB "State of the Colts" post:
Quote:
About the only negative of Andrew’s year was that he equaled his career high sack total from his 2012 rookie year with 41…however, he only suffered 10 of them in his final 7 games. His first nine games averaged 3.88 sacks per game but then in the final 7, he suffered sacks at “only” a rate of 1.43 per game.
So, no, two of the more important measures of performance as to whether an O-Line is performing well or not were both up in the later part of the year. Your eyes were not deceiving you.

Cheers,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Pez (02-23-2017)