View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 11:16 AM

Hooray for spirited debate!

My argument for Cook was that he would be the best available prospect and reasons why he would warrant a mid 1st rd pick. I did note that Foster would be the preferable pick, should he still be available.

You make good points about rbs but keep in mind that Chicago has a great run blocking o-line. Miami's line is pretty solid as well. We all know about Pittsburgh and Dallas. The Rams were a disaster. Their line was much worse than Indy's, the qb play was..um... subpar, the play calling was terrible. It's hard to blame Gurley for the terrible season when his team was a complete dumpster fire.

If you want to look at last year's results, 6 of the top 12 sack leaders (Alexander, Golden, Hunter, Avril, Wake, Walden) were selected after round 1. I know they're just mocks and mocks can't be trusted, but I've seen the top 4 available pass rushers rotate between the late first and mid 2nd rounds. There isn't a clear-cut, top guy for the early teens.

Maybe I'm in the minority but IF they don't trade down I'd rather take the best player available, in this case a top rb prospect that can plug in and replace Turbin right now and replace Gore next year (if not later this year), over a reach on a pass rusher. If they're set on pass rush, I wouldn't be upset if they traded down to take one around pick 20 or so.

Like I said, it all depends on what they do in FA. Looking at the past few years, there are usually more pass rushers available than there are decent running backs.