View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

I had a strange (and excellent) experience at the Colts-Ravens game in Baltimore, in 2009.

Adam Jones (the Orioles' center-fielder) was on the Ravens' sideline, wearing a Johnny Unitas Colts jersey. He was asked to leave their sideline, unless he took off the jersey. Adam kept the jersey on and left, and wound up sitting in the upper deck on the opposite side of the stadium (which is also where I was.)

I saw him as we were both walking down the ramps after the Colts won the game. He was talking on his cell phone, so I patted him on the back and gave him the thumbs-up sign as I trotted past him. He looked back at me, nodded, and smiled.

o

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post

Why would he be asked to remove the jersey? That's fukn retarded. Most Ravens fans still revere the Baltimore Colts and Johnny Unitas.

Maybe they're just as retarded as Pats fans, I don't know.

o

The only thing that I can think of is that it was a game against the Colts, and the Colts are indeed one franchise spanning 2 cities (Baltimore and Indianapolis) ...... so even though the city of Baltimore at-large always makes a big shit/stink about how unfair it is that Johnny Unitas and the other Baltimore Colts legends are in the same record books as are all of the Indianapolis Colts players and legends, they still have an aversion to seeing someone in a Colts jersey when their team is playing the Colts ...... even if it is the jersey of a player from the Baltimore Colts.

I was wearing my Earl Morrall jersey, but I am a COLTS fan first and foremost, regardless of what city and/or state that they represent. So I was glad that those jack-offs kicked Adam Jones off of their sidelines for wearing a Colts jersey ...... it gave me the unified sense of Coltsdom (1954 through the Present) that I feel in regard to my own rooting interests.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck