View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 11:21 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,663 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I agree - I don't think they were targeting Higgins.

Maybe Walter Football based that on one of Ballard's comments in the Draft Day 2 Wrap Up interview? He was talking about trading up so that the Colts could select Taylor and he made a comment along the lines of - "it is the worst thing in the world when somebody gets taken right in front of you." Maybe Walter Football thought he was referencing Higgins being selected right before them at 33?
We really have no way to know. I doubt walter football is listening to post draft comments on teams websites. Are they doing that for all 32? Since both receivers were training at Houshmanzadeh's facility, either they were talking and exchanging notes with each other and the other players training there (Burrow, John Ross, etc.). Lots of Bengals there. Or there was some mis-information fed to WF. I read or was told a couple years ago that teams feed WF mis-information. So either seems more likely to me.

I listened to an interview with Houshmanzadeh a couple weeks ago on NFL radio and he was talking about John Ross and the draft prospects he was training. He compared Higgins to AJ Green and said that he had tweaked something before his 40 time and said he should not have run but was talked into it. Said he tests much better than he did at the combine. He talked about a few other guys, can't remember if he talked about Pittman. But considering how many Bengals and future Bengals were there not surprised. Hell, Burrow might have said he wanted them to draft Higgins.

Either way, seems a lot of information/mis-information was floating out there. Packers moved up b/c they were convinced we were going to trade up for Love. We moved up ahead of the Jags b/c we thought they wanted Taylor. So hard to say what the truth is.