Thread: Draft Crush
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 12:06 PM

Reuben Foster: He has all the physical skills to fix what ails us at ILB. He's proven his ability in the SEC and he's been well coached by who they have at Alabama. I think he'd be a spectacular fit for us, and he'd go a long way toward helping us where we're currently weak. I understand the concerns about him, but I think the upside and the potential we'd stand to improve from having him on the roster is too great to leave him be.

Zach Cunningham/Jarrad Davis: Failing that, I like these two as relatively fairly similar players that could help us at ILB, which I still believe is our weakest position on our roster, but a position that could be addressed fairly easily/well in the 1st round of this draft. Both guys that did well in the SEC and have the athleticism to cover in the NFL and can wallop at an NFL-level and they have the intangibles that Foster lacks. While they're certainly both more athletic than any ILB we currently have on our roster, neither are quite the freak monsters that Foster is.

Dalvin Cook: Yes, I think he's that good. I think he could be our next Edgerrin James. I'm that sold on him. I do think the need at LB is higher, but I do like this guy enough that I'd be in the small (but growing slightly it seems) minority where I wouldn't be ripshit if he's drafted by us in the 1st round.

Charles Harris/Tim Williams/Carl Lawson: I think at least one of these will be available in the 2nd round. Again, probably showing my SEC bias, but I think all three have NFL potential where they have the skillset where they'd be able to come in and at least have some impact from Day One (they wouldn't be project picks, which, A. I don't trust our coaching staff to develop and B. We're in absolute dire need of pass rush help right now).

Marcus Maye: I like this guy a lot as a 3rd/4th rounder (I realize that he's getting some hype as a 2nd rounder now, not sure on that one). Might be a bit redundant with Clayton Geathers, but I'll let Geathers come back from his neck injury before I decide definitively to start passing up talent at his position because he supposedly has it locked down.

Shaquille Griffin: Easy to fall in love with a guy at this size and speed at CB. With CB being the one position that I sort of trust our coaching staff with (again, sort of), I think he'd be a very good pick up in the 3rd/4th and that he could quite possibly come in and start for us in his rookie year and help us shore up our CB group.

DJ Jones: Would be a great use of our 5th round pick, IMO.
Here's his scouting report: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...nes?id=2558265
BOTTOM LINE Jones has a freaky combination of power and athleticism that isn't seen all that often. While his playing style is reminiscent of Grady Jarrett's, keep in mind that he's a bigger player. Despite his impressive play attributes, Jones failed to generate the production that his flashes on tape would indicate he's capable of. If a coach can unlock more consistency, Jones has a chance to flourish as a one-gapping nose with three-down ability.

You can't tell me that we couldn't stand to use a Grady Jarrett type on our defense. Bring him in.