View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I mostly agree with you, though I do get what GBB is saying. Sometimes, particularly with poorly thrown balls, Ebron gives you the impression he isn’t going all out. He won’t leap or dive for some balls, perhaps because he views them as impossible to catch, but I’m so used to other players make an effort in such circumstances - even if hopeless - that it kind of sticks out.

That being said, it does feel to me like the guy could be a special player. Something about him – maybe it’s the combo of his size, speed and physicality – just stands out, moreso than Swoope or even Doyle. I won’t kid myself and say he’ll ever have Doyle’s reliable hands, but I'm pretty optimistic he’ll become an elite receiving tight end for the Colts.

I think you guys are nitpicking. Watch the game again. He was making ridiculous grabs and dove for some of them. He was keeping drives going and was really the only guy balling out there. As for problems on this team he is way down on my list. I can think of the only one drop, he was overthrown for the rest of the passes. Chester Rodgers dropped a TD pass and a potential huge gain on another drive (Ebron saved that drive after Rodgers dropped it too).

Ebron is the only one catching TDs on this team consistently. Him and the rookie Hines.